About the Appraising & Evaluating category

The world of Native American art is all about one-of-a-kind and unique pieces. What value does this represent?

• Is this piece of jewelry authentic?
  • Is my turquoise particularly valuable?
  • How can I find buyers for this type of Native American art?

Ask away, we’ll try to help!

4 Likes

I have several pieces for which i would like the silversmith and the turquoise identified, but let’s start with two.

The first is a ring.

And the second, a bracelet.

Any help would be much appreciated!

7 Likes

Hello, I think this ring is beautiful but I don’t know anything about quality. Can you give me some insite?

2 Likes

I have a beautiful necklace I’d like more information on. The back says …M L Perry Sterling. Can’t find anything on it.

i

2 Likes

how do I post a photo?

Hi…I have a “Mother of Pearl” Squash Blossom necklace that belonged to my Mom…I am not sure of it’s age…maybe from the 60’s/70’s?? It has a mark of KL on the back…I’d really appreciate if there is any information anyone could give me…Thank

3 Likes

Hi Robin, are you able to get an in focus photo of the hallmark? Unable to make anything out. I think there’s too much glare as well.

Is this piece of jewelry authentic?
Is my turquoise particularly valuable?
How can I find buyers for this type of Native American art? No hallmark stamp

Is this piece of jewelry authentic?
Is my turquoise particularly valuable?
How can I find buyers for this type of Native American art? The Hallmark stamp is just a B

2 Likes

Hello,

This looks authentic. Turquoise keeps going up and value. It doesn’t appear to be a high grade stone. Ebay is a big marketplace with lots of interested Native American jewelry buyers. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Everything looks right about this necklace but those bears. From the image I don’t believe those bears to made from real turquoise, maybe plastic. Everything else looks good. Thank you for sharing.

Jason

Hi , I’m new to this group and was just wondering about a few pieces I’ve recently found at a local thrift store

1 Like

how do i upload my picture

At the top, click the 7th icon from the left, a bar with an arrow pointing up… or just drag & drop it into the post/reply.
Hope that helps!

Just wondering, if anybody could give me any information about this piece.
I’m looking to get it appraised and have gotten very different values.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

I bought this and I saw composite. It was expensive but I paid $200.00 but jtv has it appraised over $500. Can u at least let me know if I’m doing good or got robbed.

This is info on necklace. I’m praying I’ve been smart with this as investment piece

Do I see a round silver tag near the clasp?

I would think something like $180 - $220.

Hi!
I have this piece not sure if it is even Native American but find it interesting and would like to get more info if anyone can help. Not sure how to post.

Thank you