About the Show & Tell category

We know you have some gorgeous items. Can we see them?

Yes

1. Earrings im trying to figure out how to send picture their only signed sterling and id. Like to know maker and value

Here is a pair of earringsi just love i don’t think i have seen another pair quite like them

-

2 Likes

These look like they could be made by Hector Aguilar. Very nice!

My dad gave me this James Shay “JS” Belt Buckle and Conchos. He bought this in Santa Fe, NM back in the late 60’s or early 70’s. I love weary this from time to time. Dad gave me several other pieces of turquoise and coral and I think that I am now hooked

8 Likes

Great looking belt with lots of turquoise.

1 Like

This is an amazing piece. I would not be able to estimate a value. Would like to know.

1 Like

It still has the original tag with a price of $850.00 of course I don’t believe that he paid that much for it, and that was back in the late 60’s or early 70’s.

I am afraid to wear it, I have had 3 stones come lose and fall out. Luckily I was able to find them. I also snagged one of the feathers and I had it repaired at a shop in Santa Fe, Nm earlier this year. They use laser to repair it and it cost me $20.00 which I do not believe was too bad. I also had some repair work done on a reversible coral and turquoise squash blossom. One of the coral stones was missing when my mother gave it to my wife. They were able to match the color and the cost was $20.00 and we were able to pick them up the same day.

1 Like

Found this beautiful bracelet this weekend. Believe it’s Navaho but know nothing more. This is the artist mark on the back, found it on the internet as unknown. Would like to know your thoughts on age, type of turquoise and artist. I’m new and so excited to learn and see other great NA art.

8 Likes

how do you add/post photos

When you click reply use the image button

This is very old

It was my mother’s
What is it?

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. What do you know about it? Do you remember her saying anything about it?

Hopes this works. Oil painting of Zuni Medicine man after Curtis photo. Oil of Hopi woman. Driftwood carving of NA bust.
Both oils have hard to read signatures. The driftwood carving is by my father from a large piece of driftwood from the edge of the Columbia river.

1 Like

dang, have another painting.

The Paint of War

Unsigned piece. 8 Mine? Where is the best place to sell Indian and turquoise jewelry?

1 Like

New Old Stock from a 1970’s shop in Utah. Not sure of Artist. Very pretty design and Kingman Turquoise.

1 Like

New Old Stock Caroline Tawangyaoma Morenci Bracelet and Joe Corbet ring. New Old stock Mine 8 Tom Taylor ring.

2 Likes

My dad worked on Navajo Res in 50-60’s I have my Mom’s turquoise from there plus Chinese.Kingman turquoise. Is it valuable?