Beautiful old turquoise necklace with pendant market "RISTA"

This necklace has stumped me for several years. A year or so ago a cuff with the same stamp was listed on EBay for over $1100. It was very different in style with coral and kingman (I think) turquoise.
I have also searched hallmarks and one NA site showed the mark but they were looking for info also.
This is one of my favorites and it gets complements every time I wear it. Sure would like to know more about it.

5 Likes

What a gorgeous pendant!

1 Like

Thank you. It is one of my favorites.

1 Like

Lovely! Very nice beaded necklace you have it on as well.

1 Like

Thank you. Have been busy and haven’t been here in a while.

1 Like

I am online often. Tricky Hallmark as u mentioned. Shows up as Southwestern Hallmark but sadly zero info, just a ?. If I come across another work with same Hallmark I will drop u a line. :slight_smile:

Thanks. Have a nice day.

I know where this came from… his name is richard he was my dads partner in the mine. I am wearing 2 pieces now and have probably 15-17 pieces of his jewelry. My dad financially backed him. I have the first pieces of turquoise from that mine… all of his pieces are are amazing. My mom has more info on him and i believe still keeps in contact. When i was young in the 70’s hegive it to my dad, mom, me would come over with a case of his stuff

1 Like

Here are the 2 im wearing now, i have several other sets and earrings. He was my dads best friend for years. Ill get the namenof the mine from my mom i know that his jewelry is valuable and all has the stamp except the earrings and some smaller rings, but they are a set. Im happy I found this.

2 Likes

I know him, he was my dads best friend. My dad funded the entry and digging in the mine this xame from and my mom knows the name. We have several original first pieces. He would come over with a case and give us all jewelry. His name is Richard. Ill get his last name from my mom. I have pictures of me wearing a necklace and ring right now.

2 Likes

The turquoise that Richard (Rista) used to make his jewelry came from the Royston Mine my mom said, my dad passed but my mom kept in touch withbhim for a while she is trying to remember his last name RI for the beginning of Richard and the Sta is the first 3 of his last name. Hopes this helps.

2 Likes

This is why I love the Internet (sometimes), for moments like this when someone who actually knew the artist or, as in another thread, is their granddaughter comes online.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the info. If you get his full name I would love to know it. I also wouldn’t mind owning more of his work. The pendant always gets compliments and is probably my favorite piece of all the turquoise I own.
Especially would like a bracelet and ring to match!
Thanks again for Clueing me in.

Thanks so much for all of the info you provided. Do you know if he is still living? Also, do you have any idea where he sold or is selling his jewelry ?
I am hoping to run across a bracelet so any leads will be appreciated. Thanks again.