Bessie Yazzie turquoise and silver bolo parts

I sure hope someone can help me with this Bessie Yazzie piece. All of the searches I’ve run have resulted in rugs not jewelry. Jason, I see pictures of her in Perry Null and am hoping you will know more or will ask her.
It is a nice size beautiful piece of turquoise; 1 1/2” by 1”. I’m interested in knowing where from if it is possible to identify it. The slide alone weighs 44g and the pictures have measurements. The pictures in my hand by the window show the true color. I couldn’t resist threading a chain through it to see how it looked on. It actually makes a pretty good pendant.
Would also love to know about when it was made and what it might be worth. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

It is a nice piece for sure! Bessie also used B.A.Y. as a hallmark, so maybe that will help find some examples. My guess is that this is from the 1980’s. I would expect to get between $100 and $250 depending on the buyer really. And that would be as a bolo tie, not sure you could get the same if you converted it to a pendant. I defer to the pros as usual…

1 Like

Thanks for the info. The chain is temporary. The tips are in a box waiting. Thought I was going to have to order a cord but my Dad says he has one I can have. It will be back together soon.

Different Bessie Yazzies. Bessie is a very common name as well as Yazzie, and this one has some age. I would guess the 80s - 90s. That is a big piece of turquoise and it looks thick, lots of carats. I am not sure what it is, could be a number of American mines. I have seen Fox look like this. I would be on the higher end of Christibo’s estimate.

1 Like

Thanks and I’d like to say that “your” Bessie Yazzie makes some very pretty rugs!