Is this pendant old #8 turquoise?

This pendant is a piece that I bought a few years ago. The necklace that it is on are restrung beads and turquoise done by an older Cherokee woman but the pendant is my main interest.
There are no markings but it was nicely made. It is 2 1/8” long by 1 1/8” wide and almost 1/4” thick. I love the fact

that the maker took the time to stamp the bezel and the narrow edge he left on the straight side.
Do you think that I could carefully open the bale enough to remove the neck,ace part so that it could be worn with other beads and chains?

It has that look, but believe this to be Turquoise Mountain. Beautiful pendant and looks like a unique silver bead necklace. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks for your assessment. I wouldn’t have thought of that mine mostly because I’m not familiar with it. The necklace has some interesting components. There are heishi, turquoise nuggets, long cylinder beads, bench beads and a couple of mercury dime beads.
I have one more open question about a “Cerillos” bracelet that I’m really curious about. It’s big, heavy and rather crudely made but the turquoise is unusual to me.
Finally. Is there a limit to how many posts a person can make? I don’t want to wear out my welcome but there are other things that I’m curious about that I’d like to post.

I looked at your cerrillos piece. Ask as many questions as you need.

1 Like