Just bought on Ebay and pretty excited!

It was stunning to me in pictures and even better in person…stamped R for Ray Fierro…$1500…was this “squash” a good price? Thank you for any thoughts!

8 Likes

If I remember right this artist use to come over to Gallup from Albuquerque in the 1990s. Don’t recall seeing him after a couple of years of seeing him all the time. He would bring over big turquoise pieces. Your necklace looks really nice and I imagine pretty great on, you did good.

4 Likes

Ray Fierro is on Facebook. I’d only learned recently that he’s the father of Adam Fierro, who also uses large stones, often in triangular shapes that appeal to me a lot. Either of them may be able to give you an idea of when Ray made this.

Thank you for your reply - I love getting information from people in the know…will have to follow the trail on Facebook…I loved the necklace and could not resist…I figured it was the perfect selection for my first “squash” blossom necklace!

P.S. There are ALOT of Ray Fierro’s on Facebook…which one is he?

Thank you, love hearing anything about this necklace…it is a stunner!

It’s my understanding that Ray Fierro and Adam Fierro live in the Albuquerque area, as Jason mentioned in his post.

Any and all information is welcome as I’m newbie in NA jewelry…wanted to make sure my first piece was amazing…thank you!

I don’t have any helpful comments, but had to just say this is gorgeous. I’m not that much of a fan of squash blossom necklaces, but I’d make an exception for this! Nice!

1 Like

Thanks! I thought it was exceptional as well so bit the bullet and bought it…not your typical squash!

Stunning with the deep coral! Thanks for sharing!

I agree totally with KatK’s comment. That piece is awesome!