Medicineman/Warrior Necklace

This awesome necklace was given to me over 10 years ago, I just love it; it is however 5oz and more for a man like warrior or medicine man. I am just wondering if the MD on the back of pendant made the entire necklace or just the sterling pendant and approximate age and or if I am right about the warrior/medicine man. Any info would be appreciated, thank you

1 Like

Also wondering if the what kind of turquoise (if it is turquoise) this is…thnx again

That is quite the necklace! Looks like claws, teeth and tusks but the picture probably doesn’t do it justice. Would love to see it in person.

Stunning! Looks like boar tusks, Bear Claws and Elk teeth. If you could get some clearer photos it would sure help on the Turquoise identification. clear photo of the front of the pendant and the bead material separating the tusks and claws. Also a photo of the clasp. I have a guess about the maker, but would need to see more to even give voice to it.

1 Like

I truly thought I posted the requested pictures for you but do not see them?

1 Like

We can see the photos but the one with the turquoise and the one of the entire necklace are too dark to clearly see detail. Natural light or even near a window might help. Some close ups would be nice. Think we all want a better look at that killer necklace. Thanks

Ok I guess I sent them to the first person that said that, will pull it out,and try better light tomorrow

I will post some better ones tomorrow.

1 Like

Forgive the delay please.

1 Like

Best I can do is Navajo Mary Dayea from the books, but there are conflicting variations for MD. Could be a lessor know smith though. Still a very nice piece! Are you selling it?