Rb sterling g

Hello, yes I am trying to confirm that this piece was made by Robert Becenti…not sure what the big G
is for? any and all comments appreciated; photography is not my forte’, I truly hope they aren’t too blurry, thank you.

The RB is most likely for Running Bear, the G will be for the in-house smith who made the piece. Pretty necklace, believe the stone is rhodochrosite but not positive.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will try to identify the G silversmith, Running Bear truly helps!

Actually its famed artist Robert Becenti

i am having difficulty getting an answer as to how to distinguish richard begay’s hallmark from robert becenti’s

Welcome Constance, I think it is because you get sellers using both names and are not sure which is the correct one. The styles are different, think of Robert’s as that storyteller look and everything else Richards’.

can you show me examples of each style and hallmark? i want to attach some images, but can’t figure out how to do it. thanks.

i’m not sure what you mean about a storyteller look. i don’t see a ‘storyteller’ in the example above which you say is becenti.

This is a Running Bear hallmark. The “G” hallmark is the artist who worked for Running Bear who created it.

1 Like

Sorry about that, should have looked at the piece of jewelry.