Ring stamped E. Harvey

Hello, and thank you for any help. I have a vintage turquoise ring that is stamped E. Harvey. It is not marked otherwise, but it has been tested and confirmed sterling silver. I have not been able to find any information on the name inside the ring and was hoping some of you might help. I would appreciate it!!

3 Likes

Hi there! Here’s the snippet of info from Hougart’s 3d: “E. Harvey, Navajo. Jewelry, pots. Stamp work, leaf applique, stone sets.” Mark is identical to yours. Sometimes there just isn’t much info to be found.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the reply! That’s a lot more information than I previously had :grinning:!

1 Like

I have a similar one with a nice turquoise in the middle, E.HARVEY inside the ring. I found in the ocean pretty far out. So im really curious to find out where it came from. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

His name is Emerson Harvey and from the Twin Lakes area north of Gallup.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for that information, Jason. Now to address the elephant in the room… Any relation to Fred Harvey?

1 Like

Sounds like my father’s work.

2 Likes

Correct, that is where he is from.

2 Likes

No relation, this is my father’s work. He was a great silversmith. This ring was his early work.

2 Likes

It’s beautiful! Thank you for letting us know about your father.

1 Like

I’d like to add my thanks for further identifying this ring as one your father made. It’s apparent he was very skilled at his craft. I still have the ring and appreciate it more knowing the history.

2 Likes