The seller called it "a green stone" but I'm hoping it's turquoise

This is a big cuff. It’s stamped “PB” on the back with italic lettering saying “Sterling” underneath it. The seller labeled it as “a green stone,” and I decided to take a chance on it because:

1. I like green turquoise, but I also like what I’ve seen of gaspeite, and I wouldn’t mind if it was jasper or some kind of agate.
  2. I like the design. I’m reading up and I think it’s called file work, when the artist makes straight cuts and notches in a pattern?
  3. It felt like it was about time for me to buy a cuff with a really massive stone on it.
  4. The price was low, especially considering the weight. The stuff that I handled in the 70s is, in my memory, heavy, even when it was a little peyote bird pendant or a small ring or a wire-shank bracelet.

Is it turquoise? Is it native-made, and if so, who is PB?
If this is filework, how do the artists do it? Do they literally rub a file across it? Is the silver warm or cold when they do this?

Also, why do I like buying mysterious things that people call “green stone” or “spiny oyster”? Maybe because I don’t gamble and this is my way of taking a chance.

http://imgur.com/a/eXbYC

Hello, thanks for sharing. This looks to be turquoise, I would call it Turquoise Mountain from Kingman, Arizona. It is Navajo made, but I could not find the hallmark. The artist will use a file, this is done when the metal is not hot. You are attracted to the unique, enjoy wearing.

Thanks, Jason, for identifying the stone and trying to look up the hallmark. I love green turquoise with gold or brown matrix in it. This one almost looks like crayon shading in a drawing, which is what attracted me. It’s what is so fascinating about turquoise, that it has so many variations.