White stone with gold webbing stamped N - Gene Natan Navajo earrings

Have to ask -What is it? Never seen it before and cannot find anything else like it :upside_down_face: Would you say this is natural stone? Almost looks like rough gold ore as webbing. If natural, it’s a amazinGNnnnn

g!

Another Goodwill auctions find. Looks like real gold to me better snatch it up. I get some of my best stuff from Goodwill auctions!

2 Likes

Did you have any info on this material? Passed this one up because I don’t know enough about it which is why I’m here talking with you.

Me too Christibo. It’s a small world when we’re all starting to know who we’re bidding against. :wink:
Love the earrings. Have a cuff with similar stone.

1 Like

The cuff I have was a gift and it is silver plate not sterling. I think it’s gold veining in quartz but I’m not positive. They are nice looking earrings.

1 Like

Usually when you see this metal matrix it has been added to a compressed material. Looks like Gene Navajo made these earrings. I will show him next time I see him and ask if he recalls the stone.

1 Like

Mr. Natan’s reply will be interesting. I’m thinking organic : )

I have enclosed a few images. What compressed means is left overs forced into a solid piece with pressure. You might do a little research, but I don’t think you would find howlite with gold deposits and quartz is going to be more translucent.

2 Likes

Great to see this example. Right on about the translucent in quarts. Thanks

stone with gold matrix

1 Like