About the Appraising & Evaluating category

I am already in DEEP! :rofl:

1 Like

I have a Turquoise bolo That I believe was a gift in the 1960’s in New Mexico. It is about 3" x 2 3/4" ! It has a -BB- Hallmark stamp.
Do you know who made it and what it might be worth?
0|375x500 !(upload://ymYQ3dlVodhGyMwmdaJTRXVvTSV.jpeg)

1 Like

Looking to find information and value of these watch tips …

That is beautiful! I love the rectangle stones

Uploading: 20230209_080623.jpg…

Im curious about this necklace, which was just given to me. I would be most grateful for any help!
Regards, Brigid

3 Likes

Hi and welcome
I think you should really put this squash in its own separate post. It looks like a nice one and the style makes me think of Jimmy Long. I found a sold one that had coral also at Hoel’s. It was a little more intricate, but a lot of similarities. It’s really nice.
When you get in appraising category, look up on the top right and hit the plus button that says New. That will start a whole new post for your squash blossom. It’s getting lost down here and I think it needs some attention.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I will take your advice.
Warm regards.

1 Like

You are very welcome. I hope you find that it is a Jimmy squash. I think his work commands a pretty good value.

I did put it in a new thread, as per your advice, I also looked up Jimmy Longs work, this piece looks more simple in execution but does have a similar style.
I am am very grateful for any opinions or observations.

2 Likes

@Kevgor That first ring is stunning. :heart_eyes:

Hi there, I’ve recently been given a silver & turquoise cuff by my elderly Aunt who travelled extensively. We’re in New Zealand. I noticed 2 hallmarks on it, one Sterling & the other BISBEE BOB. Just wondering whether it’s rare or sought after & an approximate value. I’ve stumbled upon this group when trying to find out more this intriguing hallmark. Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

Welcome! That’s a lovely turquoise cuff to receive as a gift. I’ve heard of Bisbee Bob before though I don’t own any of his jewelry. It’s my understanding that he was Anglo, not Native American. If you type BISBEE BOB in the search function on this forum, there will be other (older) posts/threads that come up that should have some info about him. I hope the info is helpful to you.

3 Likes

Thank you, I did come across that thread after I’d posted. Fascinating history about Bisbee Bob. I’m now thinking my Uncle (who was an Olympic cyclist for NZ & then went on to coach many teams) probably bought it on trips to the USA with teams as a gift for my Aunt. She has dementia so sadly has no memory of any of its history :confused: This group has Amazing info & knowledge. I think I have a new hobby searching for turquoise in thrift shops now! I’ll post anything I find from NZ!

2 Likes

@Starrynight Glad you found that info on Bisbee Bob! I’m sorry to hear about your Aunt. Dementia is a terrible disease. Yes, there’s a wealth of turquoise info on this forum, and lots of knowledgeable people. Good luck in your new turquoise hobby. Happy Hunting!

2 Likes

Welcome to the site! New Zealand looks amazing. And your cuff is beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you & yes it is a beautiful country, a big journey for American travellers. Most just go to Australia :sweat_smile: I’ve been to LA but visiting NYC, Washington DC & Niagara Falls later this year for the first time, can’t wait! Will be keeping an eye out for beautiful turquoise now I’m learning so much more about the beautiful creations made with this precious gem. Looking forward to visiting the museums to learn more about the history of your land and it’s beautiful & talented Native American people.

2 Likes