Hopi hallmarks, two possible ID's, one unknown

Here you have my humble, but cherished, Hopi silver collection, all bought in Arizona in the 1980’s. I’ve probably identified the hallmarks of Clifton Mowa for the bear paw earrings (mark is somewhat unclear but just clear enough with magnifying glass), Weaver Selina (and Hopi Crafts shop) on the badger paws pendant. If anyone would know them or their family: thanks so much for this well loved beautiful jewelry, I will never part from it and have worn them proudly for all those years and hopefully many more to come! :slight_smile: I can’t find anyone for the hallmark on the buckle with the man in the maze though. Any clues?

Kind regards,
Karen

The sun pictograph looks a lot like this scrimshaw piece I have signed SY whom I think may be Sally Yazzie for the silver work.
I am trying to get answers too.
Yo

1 Like

Not sure if you got the back photo with the marks I describe. Will try again.

You might check the name Terrance Lomayestewa for the man in the maze buckle. Those are all gorgeous pieces. Hopi silver has become so expensive and hard to get that you really do have a treasure there. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Jason, thanks again for your time and effort! I will check the name you gave me! The buckle is very dear to me. We bought it when I was fourteen years old traveling in Arizona and I pleaded with my parents to buy it after driving past a reservate that broke my heart seeing the circumstances people had to live in. The man in the maze has been a symbol of hope for me and has kept my heart strong when life was at times difficult.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Karen

1 Like

Hi CherokeeYo,

The mark on your piece looks different. I found the marks on the Hopi earrings and pendant on Indian Native American jewelry marks

There are many pictures to compare. My pics are not that clear but using a magnifying glass helped me see them more clearly.

Maybe you will find your hallmark there?

Kind regards,
Karen

1 Like

Thank you forf your reply Karen!

1 Like

Hello. The maker mark on your scrimshaw piece is the earliest mark of Navajo silversmith Steve Yellowhorse. Circa 1975-80.

1 Like