ID for Navajo? hallmark

Just acquired but cannot locate the maker. I was informed it is probably Navajo. Does anyone have info on this?
Thanks.
-Bob

1 Like

Hello, thanks for sharing. Interesting hallmark, one I have never seen before. I would guess this cuff to be between 20 - 30 years old, Navajo handmade. It is an interesting piece of turquoise to the right of the large oval center, looks like Bisbee.

Thank you Jason. You have my curiosity up so here’s a better panorama view of all 12 stones. How many would you think are Bisbee?

1 Like

Jason: FYI I had this bracelet evaluated and have been informed that you were correct in the identification of Bisbee on the bracelet. What was very interesting is that you couldn’t have been wrong since they are all from the very same mine!

1 Like

Interesting bracelet! Curious, who and how was it evaluated and determined that all stones came from the same mine?

1 Like

We had the opportunity to spend time with the members of the Lowery family at the newly relocated Turquoise Museum in Albuquerque recently before we sat down with Joe Dan Lowery, probably the foremost expert on turquoise alive today, to identify some of our turquoise and be exposed to a fountain of knowledge. It is a totally awesome, incredible place. https://turquoisemuseum.com/

3 Likes

Thank you! I’d say you asked the right person. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like